Volunteer with the Lismore Lantern Parade - an annual community arts festival held on or around the longest night of the year, being the Winter Solstice. It is recognised as the signature event for the City of Lismore.
Availability: 15/05/2018 - 29/06/2018
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Location: 289 Keen Street, Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Volunteers have the opportunity to work alongside the Light n Up team to deliver this exciting signature event. Experience is not necessary and whatever skills you have to offer, we would greatly appreciate your assistance and support. Please note that training is provided.
In the lead up to the parade:
• Making & repairing lanterns
• Make lanterns under direction, once experienced design your own
• Assist with making fire rope and constructing fire effects
• Lantern workshops (school and community).
On the day of the parade:
• Assist with set up of Market deLight
• Help with Finale site
• Assist preparation of parade assembly area
• Assist with lantern decorating in Kids Arts Space
• Directing people, answering questions, laying out lanterns for the parade
• Handing out candles and carry sticks
• Cleaning up car park after parade leaves
• Parade marshalling
• Carry a lantern in the parade - nice to do in groups
• Assist with parade assembly
• Collect donations.
After the parade:
• Send out thank you's
• Assist in report writing
• Assist with survey collation and evaluation
• Assist with the return of hire goods
• Assist with the return of sponsor banners etc.
• Assist with filing, administration to finalise event activities.
The Lantern Parade simply could not operate without the generous support of its wonderful team of volunteers.
Whether you are already volunteering or just starting out, volunteering is a great way to help others, meet new people, build new skills, experience new challenges, build up work experience and make an extraordinary contribution to our local community.
Student and staff to volunteer. Experience is not necessary and whatever skills you have to offer, we would greatly appreciate your assistance and support.
Training is provided.