Provide event management support, including all aspects of communications and media for the Far North Coast and Northern Rivers.
Time required: 7 hours per week
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
• Keen on getting involved in a fantastic local charity while gaining real, practical experience in events, media and community relations?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to apply and develop your events, media and administration skills?
• Volunteer to help Cancer Council NSW in our mission to beat cancer!
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen.
The team at the Cancer Council NSW Byron Bay Office is looking for an energetic and reliable volunteer to assist staff with implementing our local events based in our regional office.
About the role:
Based at our Byron Bay office you will be supported by the Community Relations Coordinators to undertake a range of tasks including:
• Develop social media content for various events
• Creativity in developing varied content, while adhering to brand requirements
• Assisting in marketing and promotion of the event
• Develop and manage relationships with local stakeholders in line with event objectives
• Develop media releases and seek media opportunities
• Develop marketing material to assist with promotion of the event
• Use of social media to build audiences and engage with the community
• Assistance with updating event website and content
• Checking local media and filing media stories relating to the event
• Weekly progress meetings with Community Relations Coordinator
• Other ad-hoc event requirements
Our ideal volunteer will:
• Have a great phone manner and excellent communication skills
• Be experienced using Microsoft programs including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Show initiative and be able to work independently and as part of a small, busy team
• Proficient in everyday office administrative tasks
• Have a can do attitude
Benefits of the role:
• Increased understanding of event marketing and media
• Valuable experience working in an office environment
• Events, communications and community relations experience
• You will expand on your existing office administration skills
• You’ll have the opportunity to meet new people
• You’ll be part of an incredible team of people, all dedicated to beating cancer!
• You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits, and much more. See our website, under volunteering, for more information.
Volunteering at Cancer Council NSW offers the opportunity to build skills and experience, network with other like-minded people, and access a range of benefits and discounts from our partners. Most importantly, we want you to be healthy and happy volunteering with us.
Opportunity for an intern to join our team.
All required resources